Important Message from Tony Thomas
Dear Welcome House Friends and Family,
Welcome House is growing! Over the last two months Welcome House has been in conversation with United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Cleveland. UCP announced yesterday that they will be ending their supported living program and transitioning that program to Welcome House. UCP’s supported living program currently serves 50 individuals in 31 locations, primarily on the east side of Cleveland.
Over the next two months, CCBDD support administrators will be interviewing the UCP clients to determine if they will be transitioning to Welcome House. As we are notified of new clients, we will also work to employ the staff members currently serving their clients.
This collaboration represents many great opportunities for Welcome House, our clients and staff, including:
- Increased presence in the city of Cleveland and on the east side;
- Increased east side recruiting capability as well as the ability to staff our west side openings;
- Strengthen our reputation within the community as an outstanding provider of residential DD services;
- Built in clientele for Welcome House Home Health;
- Additional accessible vehicles to serve the agency;
- Strong, committed staff members who will hopefully transition with the program.
Because of the free choice of provider rules, we do not yet know exactly how many clients and staff will be joining Welcome House. But we are committed to a smooth transition for our new and existing clients and staff.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (440) 356-2330, ext. 226. We will follow up with additional communications after December 16 when this process will be complete.
Thank you for your support of Welcome House!